Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How costly are tomatoes?

The storm has ebbed. Storm "Aila" has subdued now and it has left a vast stretch of destruction and death behind it. Also there has been this Violence eruption in Punjab. People are stranded because of disruption in traffic. Vaishno Devi pilgrims are having a tough time to find suitable mode of transportation. One of my close relatives is also caught in this. These events make one feel the fickleness and helplessness in our lives.

On lunch table today my 5 year daughter Kuhoo was once again giving me a piece of thought. She said “You know from where the tomatoes come?” I was about to answer it when she cut me short. “I will tell you. They come from market.” She said in a sermonizing tone. I was puzzled. So what’s the big deal in this? She was in no mood to spare me. She carried on “As you have not finished completely the tomato Soup in your bowl, it will get wasted.” I knew where she was leading me. To buy tomatoes we have to pay money and you are wasting money by not drinking it. Samjhe!!!! From the corner of my eyes I could see my wife Giggling.

No comments: