Friday, August 24, 2007

oppurtunity in Home interiors!!

During the last 6 month I have been involved in setting up my new apartment. I had to go through selection process of each item required to make mere four walls a living place. It started with floor and wall tiles. Subsequently all the items of sanitary fixtures were purchased. After this it was turn of wooden wardrobes and kitchen cabinets. As I did all this myself, so purchasing all the items required for this purpose was quite an experience. Then it was turn of lighting fixtures. I had never imagined that this much light equipment is required for an apartment size of mine. The list of purchasing is still continuing. We have finalized kitchen hob and hood. Curtains and wall hangings are next on the list.

I don’t want to bore you with all the details. My basic aim of writing this piece was to explore this option of a service agency which can do all these things. I know there are quite a few agencies that do similar job. My only contention with them is on price. They either charge too high to make it unaffordable or compromise on material quality. I have still to come across a well established agency, which does this job end to end.

In a city like Bangalore, opportunity for providing the complete interiors of an apartment or independent house is immense. The supply line for this is virtually non existent. I have seen interior decorators only bothered to provide carpentry service through a supplier. They are not bothered to provide the complete service.

I sometimes feel I can take a plunge in this very exiting and demanding line. I feel people with better know-how should think seriously about it. There is lot of potential to be tapped in this domain.

No comments: